Tarter’s Bunk Feeder can easily be converted to a raised bed planter. Follow the steps below for this simple DIY project.
- Drill, with 1/2″ drill bit (recommended)
- Landscape Fabric
- Rocks (for drainage)
- Garden Soil
- Top Soil
- Straw or mulch
- Drill drainage holes using a 1/2″ drill bit.
- Add landscape fabric. This will prevent soil from being lost and help keep the drainage holes from clogging up.
- Place rocks on landscape fabric. This will provide additional drainage for the plants.
- Garden soil.
- Water the soil and work out the clumps.
- Place topsoil. This will add weight so the potting soil will not blow away. This also improves garden condition and provides the plants with more organic matter.
- Plant your flowers and/or vegetables.
- Place straw around the plants. This keeps weeds out and adds moisture. The straw will also provide compost for plants to feed off as it decomposes.
- Water your plants.
For more information on Tarter’s Bunk Feeders: https://www.tarterusa.com